Actor Jim Sarbh on Saturday took to social media to clarify that his previous comments regarding actors and their flamboyant method acting techniques weren't directed towards his Padmaavat co-star Ranveer Singh. This clarification comes after actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui was questioned about those very remarks in a recent interview.

On Saturday, Jim Sarbh took to social media to clarify his stance. “I find this almost absurd to have to clarify, but since folks are running wild with the videos and the articles: Nothing I said refers to Ranveer Singh. The video byte being shared is from Made in Heaven season 2 promotions, 5 whole years since Padmaavat came out. 5 years. I only had lovely things to say about Ranveer as a co actor- look it up. I still do. Also: it is not an attack on process. I love process, and I love actors,” he wrote.

“The video is making fun of actors who exaggerate their process. I’m sure you’ve all met people who talk about their work more than do their work. Can’t wait for the next article or video shooting off my shoulder…. I usually don’t respond to speculative videos and articles, because they’re boring and I assume people know better. Of course, just like some of you, I assumed wrong. Too many people have forwarded me things, and now journalists/interviewers are ‘identifying’ me as a ‘critic’, despite me never having mentioned anyone at all, let alone @ranveersingh.,” he added and tagged Ranveer Singh with several emojis.

 

View this post on Instagram

  A post shared by Jim Sarbh (@jimsarbhforreal)

Jim Sarbh's comments gained traction after actor Prashant Narayanan also appeared to mock Singh's method acting approach for his role as the villain Khilji in Padmaavat. Singh famously spoke about isolating himself in his home to embody the character, sparking concerns about his mental state upon exiting that headspace. Both Sarbh and Narayanan expressed skepticism towards such an intense process.

In an interview with The Quint, Sarbh commented, “There are all those actors who are like 'You know, I was so stuck in my character that I had to get mental therapy for weeks after.' I was like, 'Shut up bro. You didn't even know your lines on the day, what nonsense'.” Social media users interpreted this as a veiled jab at Singh, prompting Sarbh's clarification. ALSO READ: Gulshan Devaiah reveals Ranveer Singh's off-screen persona: “He’s very energetic, like a true movie star”



from Latest Bollywood News | Hindi Movie News | Hindi Cinema News | Indian Movies | Films - Bollywood Hungama https://ift.tt/Fia5RUI
via IFTTT

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post